Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a new graduate, there are many things to consider before accepting a job: Does it meet your personal or family needs? Is the compensation acceptable? Is the location desirable?
When you’re considering taking your healthcare career on the road, there are even more factors at play.
We’ve compiled a compelling list of reasons why elevating your career to include travel contract positions can be incredibly rewarding:
1. Immersive Experiences in New Places: Embracing the opportunity to live in a new city can offer a deeper understanding of local culture. Becoming a local — even for a short while — allows for authentic experiences and opportunities to uncover hidden gems to which you may not have otherwise been exposed.
2. Versatile Work Environments: Contract roles provide opportunities to work in a variety of healthcare settings — from hospitals to skilled nursing facilities and outpatient clinics. This level of exposure not only helps enrich your skills but can also expand your professional networks while enhancing your resume.
3. Housing Assistance: Cariant provides our travelers with housing support or potentially tax-free housing stipends that could optimize take-home pay. (Please check with your tax advisor.) Our housing coordinator can help streamline the housing process, ensuring you have comfortable accommodations wherever you end up choosing to work.
4. Fostering Friendships and Connections: Travel positions offer opportunities to cultivate rewarding friendships and valuable professional connections. Engaging with new neighbors and colleagues can provide many unique and enriching life experiences. Many of our travelers find they have places to stay and people to visit if they ever decide to return for a visit even after their assignments are over.
5. Test-Driving Locations: If you’re considering a move, travel assignments are a great way to check things out before making a permanent commitment to a new location. Travel contracts serve as a low-risk avenue to explore whether potential relocation destinations are the right fit for you.
6. Shared Experiences: Inviting family and friends to visit during assignments enables shared experiences and exploration of local attractions in your downtime. If you can make it work, we can help you get the chance enjoy your new location with whomever you choose!
7. Escape Office Politics: Contract work minimizes involvement in workplace politics and allows for more focus on professional duties without the distraction of internal dynamics.
8. Lifestyle Adaptability: Travel assignments can accommodate various lifestyles. Some of our travelers opt to go solo, while others prefer to bring their entire family. Bring a friend, spouse, children or pets. Choose what gives you joy!
9. Opportunities Tailored to Preferences: The Cariant team can connect you with opportunities tailored to your personal preferences. For example, seasonal assignments in warmer climates can provide respite from harsh winters. As a traveler, you are always in control of when and where you work.
10. Personal Growth: Travel contracts can foster personal development by nurturing communication skills, self-esteem, confidence and independence. Managing travel logistics, living independently for extended periods and navigating diverse work environments help contribute to enriching personal growth and a life well-lived.
Ready to embark on a fulfilling travel assignment? Connect with Cariant to learn more about elevating your career — and your life — with new, rewarding travel opportunities.