After your initial phone call with a recruiter, you’ve probably gotten a good idea of their personality and conversation style. And hopefully a sense of their industry knowledge and how likely they are to help meet your travel goals. As you have more conversations and work toward a job submission and signing a contract, take the opportunity to learn more about them. The recruiter who helps find your first travel job stays with you for as long as you travel with Cariant. So it’s important to find a good fit.
Here are 10 suggested questions to ask a recruiter after your initial phone call:
1. Is it possible my contract could be cancelled? What happens then?
2. How can I stay on top of testing and compliance requirements?
3. What do you enjoy about your job?
4. When do perks like CEU benefits and vacation time kick in?
5. What should I do if I experience a problem with housing when I arrive on assignment?
6. What about problems on my first day?
7. What is the best/fastest way I can get in touch with you?
8. What reimbursements will I receive on my first paycheck?
9. What should I know about the travel nursing/travel therapy industry right now?
10. When should we start talking about the next assignment?
Ask these and some general get-to-know-you questions and you’ll continue building a strong recruiter-traveler relationship.